Cyberpunk



Cyberpunk

    Crowded living space, excessive information, mixed culture and high technology. They are elements that form a cyberpunk world.
    But the element make me love cyberpunk is neither of them. One important element of cyberpunk movies is the ultimate question derived from the relationship between humans and machines: who am I, how can I prove my existence, and what is the meaning of existence?
   Whether it is the discussion of the relationship between people and replicators in "Blade Runner", or the thinking about the spirit and flesh in "Ghost in the Shell", the question of existence almost runs through the cyberpunk movie, and "EVA" also No exception.
   Rei Ayanami is a man-made man made from the genes of Ikari and the soul of Lilith. Her existence is just a tool for Ikari to realize the Human Aid Project. However, for various reasons, Ayanami gradually possessed independent consciousness and emotion, thus completing the transition from machine to human, and then born the question of "Who Am I?"
   In "Ghost in the Shell", Kusanagi once said, "It is necessary to have numbers of various parts in order to form a complete person. To be able to form a completely different person, what is needed is very different, different faces from the others, subconscious talks, the palm I see when I wake up, childhood memories, future expectations, and the sea of ​​information and vast networks that my electronic brain touches. All of which gave birth to me." The accumulation of memory from the individual is the root of self-existence.
    In "EVA", Ayanami also found her own explanation, "Because of communication with others, I became what I am now. With the communication with others and the passage of time, the shape of my heart gradually changed. "
   With emotional stimulation, coupled with inner speculation, Ayanami finally proved her existence at the moment of smiling.
    "EVA" is a kind of film with many cyberpunk elements, but focus on talks about the character's psychology and growth. What impresses me the most is not the torture of the ultimate proposition, but the resonance that the fate and emotion of the characters bring to the audience. After all, human emotion is an important image throughout the whole cyberpunk world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Junji Ito

Oishinbo

Phoenix