Isekai

关于我转生后成为史莱姆的那件事-动漫-腾讯视频

    This week I read the That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime. I have seen all the anime series that have been released and I would totally say it's one of my favorite isekai anime. Therefor reading the manga with more information than the anime was defiantly joyful for me. But I wouldn't call it one of my favorite anime.
    For some reason, most isekai anime from recent years have mixed with some elements from RPG(Role-play game) games. The characters can gain experience by killing other creatures and level up, gain new skills and even evolve. Therefore, it is more a game setting than a different world setting. The protagonist who passed by seemed like a player who entered the game and got a game pack and game buff. But Slime(the manga) did a good job on balancing isekai and RPG. There are many fun elements and settings about this new world. And the collections of skills can help the audience to understand the power of the characters better. 
    Another thing I realized in isekai manga is that characters can be design as cute as possible. Their custom, hair cut, hair color do not need to follow the setting of background world and time period. They can wear whatever the artist want, they can be in different shapes even not like human anymore. Most isekai anime would go wild on the settings about rules of the world and characters.
   As I mentioned that the isekai anime can't be my favorite anime at beginning. Because there are no limitation on rules of the world, sometime it is hard to get deep in developing the characters and story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Junji Ito

Oishinbo

Phoenix